The Minnesota Zoo has offered sanctuary for five non-releasable Hawaiian monk seals within their newly renovated Discovery Bay location. These special Hawaiian monk seals are serving as ambassadors for their species in the wild to the only species that has the power to save it. Their acquisition was the close coordination between the MN Zoo and the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
The Zoo is the only place outside of the Hawaiian Islands the public can see these endangered animals in human care. This inspiring experience connects Minnesota Zoo guests with the world ocean, and the Zoo is offering $2 off Adult Admission and $1 off Child and Senior Zoo Admission with our Makamae Hawai’i shortbread cookie wrapper!
You can find our delicious cookies at the following Minnesota locations:
- The Minnesota Zoo – Apple Valley, MN
- Valley Natural Foods – Burnsville, MN
- Linden Hills Food Co-op – Minneapolis, MN
- The Wedge Food Co-op – Minneapolis, MN
- Eastside Food Co-op – Minneapolis, MN
- Mississippi Market Food Co-op – St. Paul, MN (both locations)
- St. Peter Co-op & Deli – St. Peter, MN
- Just Food Co-op – Northfield, MN
- The Granary Food Co-op – Ortonville, MN
- Natural Harvest Whole Food Co-op – Virginia, MN
- Cook County Whole Food Co-op - Grand Marais, MN
- Hampden Park Food Co-op
Mahalo nui loa!
Buy a Cookie - Visit the Seals - Help Save the Species!
Extinction is forever
Photos courtesy of Minnesota Zoo/Ashely Ondricek/Sarah Beth Photogrpahy